With our vast experience in dealing with complex corporate and commercial transactions, we are able to advise client on setting up and structuring businesses and provide high-level regulatory advise on tax compliance, intellectual property protection, anti-money laundering and legal requirements for inflow of capital into Kenya so as to ensure that our clients attain their business objectives efficiently.
- Advising local property developers on joint venture agreements with local landowners for development of housing projects in Eldoret, Roysambu, Embakasi, Ngong, Kiambu and Syokimau.
- Advising a foreign investor on the capitalisation of its local subsidiary by up to Kes.100m and its obligations regarding compliance with tax and anti-money-laundering laws.
- Advising a local company on a memorandum of understanding with a foreign property developer for the development and operation of a hospital in Nairobi including negotiations on exclusivity provisions and confidentiality clauses.
- Advising a mobile lending company on the registration of its trademark in multiple jurisdictions across the world under the World Intellectual Property Organisation’s Madrid System.
- Advising a local property developer on the setting up of property management companies for a including drafting of bespoke articles of association.
- Advising a local clothing retailer on a franchise and supply agreement with a major foreign brand looking to partner with them in Kenya.
- Assisting a local money lending company on registration of a trading name in Kenya including seeking approval from Central Bank of Kenya.