We recognize the significant role real estate industry plays in the Kenyan economy and the importance of safeguarding our clients’ interests in property matters. We are experts in advising on residential and commercial property transaction and we deliver innovative results that help our clients achieve and enjoy the fruits of their investments.
- Advising property developers on sales and leases of units on “off-plan” basis including advising on key issues such as defects liability, termination, warranties and change of user provisions.
- Advising a dairy cooperative society in Vihiga County on a memorandum of understanding and lease agreement with a local landowner for the development and construction of a milk processing plant.
- Advising a property developer on the acquisition of land from Embakasi Ranching Company including providing legal advice on risks of liability for double stamp duty and obtaining warranties from third parties.
- Advising a local landlord of prime property located at the Northern Bypass in Kiambu on license agreements with its tenants including future development clauses, rent disputes with occupiers and assignment of licenses for a sole trader business transferred to a third party.
- Advising a well-known retail franchise on its leasing arrangements at several high-end malls including Sarit Centre, Yaya Centre and The Junction.
- Advising a client on a construction agreement for fit out of premises including mitigation of risks where performance of the agreement was likely to be affected by political unrest.
- Advising a well-known human resource agency on their commercial leasing arrangements with landlords at Riverside Drive and Sanlam Tower.
- Advising a property owner on removal of historical title restrictions on his property following the disbandment of a local land disputes’ tribunal.